Last updated on Novemver 4, 2019
What information do we collect?
We and our service providers collect a variety of types of information based on your interaction with our website and mobile application, including:
- Device and browsing information, including IP address, referral website, browser and device type, operating system version, webpage navigation, information about how often you use our mobile application, the events that occur within the mobile application, aggregated usage, performance data, where the application was downloaded from, and other information about your activities on this and other websites and our mobile application (collectively, “automatically collected information”);
- Contact Information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, zip code, phone number, and location-based information (including geolocation if you choose to opt in);
- Listing information of tickets listed for sale on our Marketplace, including event, location of the event, quantity, section and row of the tickets, and physical location of the tickets;
- Purchase and sale information relating to tickets bought or sold through our website or mobile application, including billing address, credit card or other payment information, PayPal address, name and address of a gift recipient, and name and phone number of a third person who will pick up items for you;
- Publicly available and purchased information, including information about you from publicly available databases and purchased marketing data about our customers from third parties; and
- Other information or content that you provide through our publicly accessible blogs and community forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
How do we collect information?
We collect information through our website and mobile application, and through email and other communications and interactions with you. We also obtain information from you and from third parties. We collect and obtain information:
- You provide, such as when you visit or use our website or mobile application, purchase tickets or list tickets for sale, create an account with us, subscribe to our email newsletter, post information or content to our publicly available blogs or community forums, contact or otherwise communicate with us, enter contests or sweepstakes, participate in surveys, or register for other activities on our website;
- From third parties, such as other users of our website or mobile application (for example, when another user purchases tickets for you as a gift, or when another user designates you to pick up tickets on his or her behalf), service providers that we use, publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with;
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our website and mobile application, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook. For example, if you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our website or mobile application (for example, to share purchases and other content from our website with your friends and followers on social media), we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us; and
- Using cookies and other automatic collection methods. For example, we, our affiliates and/or third parties we work with may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device that you use to access our website or mobile application, or that you use to open an email from us. This collection includes automatically collected information, and generally does not include personal information that directly identifies you unless you provide it through our website or you choose to share it with us. Automatic collection methods we use include cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, and similar technologies. In addition, we use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile application on your phone.
How do we use information?
We use the information that we collect and obtain to conduct our business and to provide you with the products, services, and experiences that you request or that we think may be of interest to you. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain with other information that we collect or obtain, including but not limited to information obtained from third parties with which we choose to work. We use information:
- To provide you with services, including to administer the website, fulfill your orders and process your payments, pay you if your tickets sell, calculate shipping options, verify your identity and protect the integrity of the ticket marketplace, process, maintain and service your account, send you relevant newsletters, offers, and promotions, and provide you with products and services that you request or that we think may be of interest to you (including by sending you push notifications or alerts regarding athletic or entertainment events near you);
- To contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests. These communications may contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- To respond to you, when you place an order, correspond with us by email or otherwise communicate with us, make a request or inquiry, enter a contest or sweepstakes, complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to remember your interests and preferences, customize the listings and services we share with you, track and categorize your activity and interests on our website (including by identifying the different devices you use), and make your shopping experience with us more relevant;
- For marketing and advertising, to send you marketing and advertising communications, to segment and build audiences and engage in interest-based advertising, to provide social media features, and to personalize the marketing and advertising that we show you;
- For analytics, to understand how you use our website and mobile application, analyze our website traffic, to gather demographic information about our individual users and aggregate user base, to determine the methods and devices used to access our website and mobile application, and to improve our website, mobile application, and associated services. We do not link the information we store within our mobile analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application;
- For our business purposes, to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities, to identify new customers, to update, expand, and analyze our records, for research, to determine your satisfaction with our website and services, to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services, to enforce, apply or comply with any of our terms or policies, including but not limited to this Policy, and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law; and
- For legal, contractual and safety purposes, including to defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties from harm or in legal proceedings, protect our rights, protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property, respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests, address legal and regulatory compliance, comply with contracts and other agreements to which we are a party, and notify you of changes to our terms, policies, or practices.
If you provide us personal information about others, we may disclose that information to certain third parties such as sports teams for their marketing purposes.
Will my personal and account information be provided to any other party?
We restrict access to your personal information to those who need access to use it as set forth in this Policy. Your personal and account information will never be sold or shared to third parties, except under the following circumstances:
- With service providers that perform certain functions such as shipping orders and processing credit card payments. These third parties may only use personal information as necessary to provide these services to us and not for promotional purposes;
- With select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. This includes our partners that are listed on our website. The information we give these partners may include your name, email address, phone number, and billing address. GetMyTickets is not responsible for the privacy practices of these business partners.;
- To respond to subpoenas, lawful requests by public authorities, court orders, or other legal process, as required by law, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- When we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of GetMyTickets, our users, or others, including for fraud protection;
- In connection with a sale of some or all of our business or a merger with another company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership; or
- With your prior consent to do so.
You may direct us not to share your personal information with third parties (other than our service providers), at any time, by sending an email to email@example.com, or by following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive.
Your Choices and Access Requests
We offer you choices about how certain personal information is used and shared. Your choices include:
- Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
- Email Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by utilizing the “unsubscribe” link or following other instructions noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us. Please note that opting out of receiving marketing or advertising emails from us will not apply to transactional communications or legal notices, for example, emails about your orders or about changes to our terms, policies, or business practices.
- Mobile Devices. Your mobile device may offer settings relating to cookies, pixel tags, Flash cookies, and other similar technologies. We encourage to you to visit your device’s help menu to learn about your options to limit tracking when using your device.
- Access Requests. Upon request, GetMyTickets will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may update your personal information by making a change on the member information page. You may update or delete your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We retain all information for active accounts to provide you services. To request that we deactivate your account, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We will retain and use your information, even if your account is deactivated, only as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Public Forums. To request removal of your personally identifiable information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personally identifiable information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Alternatively, if you used a third party application to post such information, you can remove it, by logging into the third party application and removing the information, or by contacting the appropriate third party application.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to www.getmytickets.co.za.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Security and Retention
We use Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”) encryption technology where your personal and account information is required (such as a credit card number). Our Website is certified which verifies that www.getmytickets.co.za is authentic and that we use SSL security. To view our certificate, click on the image of the closed lock or the solid key at the bottom of your browser window. Our Web site security information will appear.
All transaction information is processed under encrypted channels.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your Personal Information, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with products or services, to carry out legitimate business interests, and where otherwise required or permitted by law. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Browsers Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. There is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal. We currently do not respond to web browser DNT signals.
Our website is not directed to or intended to be used by individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 18 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you believe that your child under the age of 18 has submitted personal information to us in connection with our website, and without prior verifiable parental consent, please email us at email@example.com so that we can take steps to delete the personal information that she or he provided as required in accordance with applicable law.
If you provide personal information through our website, you agree that the personal information will be transferred to and processed in the South Africa and any other country or jurisdiction at our sole discretion. The laws that apply to the use and protection of personal information in South Africa or other countries or jurisdictions in which we transfer or process personal information may be different than the laws and protections in your country. By using our website or app, you agree to the transfer and processing of your information in accordance with SA law. In the event you wish to withdraw consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to delete your account and then cease using our services. Those who access or use our website or mobile application from jurisdictions outside the South Africa do so at their own choice and risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local law.
We may make changes to this Policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our website, and we will update the effective date at the top of this Policy prior to the change becoming effective. By continuing to use our website after being notified of material changes to this Policy, you agree that the terms of this Policy as of the effective date will apply to information previously collected or collected in the future.
How can I give you feedback or contact you?
You can reach us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us using the contact details below, or you can call us at +27 72 489 1209
If you believe we have not properly addressed your concerns or that we have infringed upon your rights, please contact us at the above email address so that we may properly address your concerns.